Sustainability, for many designers, begins with raw materials- which enable them to build ecological products of use that have reduced environmental impact from conception, production, use and eventually even as waste. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (CSMVS) and Avid Learning present Sustainability NOW: Rethinking Materials – a fascinating live session with Material Explorer Spriha Chokhani.
- Investigating the meaning and fundamentals of materials and their impact
- Examining the role of the circular economy
- Understanding material innovation through best practices and the lens of the local
- Live Demo: Homemade recipes of bio-materials
- Tips on how to pitch, explain and educate to retailers and consumers
about responsible materiality
Join us to learn more about material innovation in design in the context of the environmental crises of today.
Spriha Chokhani is a Indian product designer educated from the Srishti school of art design and technology, Bangalore, India. Her work is focused on research and fluid experiments around material and craft. She is the founder of Pulp Factory. The studio follows circular design and circular economy by making 100% biodegradable, paper furniture and handwoven paper fabric. Spriha was shortlisted for Lexus global Design award 2020. Her work was showcased at Collect 2020, London and will also be part of London Craft Week 2020.Read more