Join Literature Live!, Penguin Random House India and Avid Learning for an exciting live masterclass which will guide participants on how to record, document and portray journeys and adventures, cuisines and cultures, smells, textures and flavours as well as a sense of place. Led by Writer Varud Gupta, this masterclass will ensure that you never travel and taste the same way again!
Masterclass Highlights include:
· Honing your observation skills and eye for detail – Identifying unique aspects in your travel and food adventures
· Selecting and researching subject matter and planning on-ground explorations
· Tips and tricks on how to vividly capture, record and document diverse travel experiences and culinary cultures
· Understanding the travel and food writing genres and the different frameworks, structures and approaches adopted
· Learning how to transform adventures into thoughtful and evocative memoirs – Weaving in travel, culinary and cultural anecdotes and experiences into stories
· Discovering and developing your own unique voice and style
· Building a good travelogue and travel journal by working in collaboration and communicating creative visions
Join us to learn more about food and travel writing!
Varud Gupta was bred for the business world until an existential crises sent him travelling through the culinary cultures of the world. It was in documenting odd jobs as a cheesemonger or asador that his journey as a writer began. His first book, Bhagwaan Ke Pakwaan, was a travel narrative through the faiths and foods of India. And the story of Chhotu, represents the culmination of the first chapter on this existential path.Read more